Hi. I’m Bobby.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Here you may encounter my latest short story, original Christmas cards (and “the making of” posts), or some poetry. You might also happen upon occasional movie, television, or book review, political commentary, art posts, or maybe a little sum’n sum’n about pro ‘rasslin’! Who knows what you’ll find?
I was once told I was a “generalist.” I don’t think that professor meant it as a compliment, but by it’s very nature, it is – so, I’ll take it.
Presently, I’m working as an Adjunct Professor of Communication in Oral Communication, Public Speaking, Acting for the Camera, and Film Appreciation.
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Lindenwood University (Masters of Arts – Communications)
Webster University (Bachelor of Arts – Film Studies)
St. Louis Community College (Associate of Arts – Theatre Arts)
Writing, Movies/Television, Hiking, Travelling, Acting
10 Fun Facts:
- I presently foster two elephant orphans through the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Their names are Rorogoi and Ndotto. In 2016, I added giraffe orphan Kiko.
- My first celebrity crush was Laura Dern as “Dr. Ellie Sattler” in Jurassic Park. Dr. Sattler drove my attraction to strong feminist women/characters.
- The first political campaign I actively supported (volunteerism, fundraising and donation) was Hillary Clinton‘s (2016 Presidential campaign).
- Jake Gyllenhaal is my favorite actor.
- My first acting role was as the “Cowardly Lion” in a production of The Wizard of Oz.
- I’m an avid fan of World Wrestling Entertainment. My all-time favorite wrestler/icon is Trish Stratus.
- My favorite dinosaur is the Brontosaurus.
- I received a Creative Writing Award in 2005.
- I was taught to cook when I was five, and I’ve been baking since age eight!
- My favorite visited destination (presently) is New Orleans, Louisiana (the setting for my first novel).
(in random order)
Can you name them from the stills (answers below)?
Films represented: Jurassic Park, Brokeback Mountain, The Land Before Time, Dumbo, The Color Purple, Psyhco, The Lion King, Fantasia, The Good Dinosaur, The Wizard of Oz.
“If you could have dinner with ten public figures past or present…”
Jane Goodall | Hillary Clinton | Steven Spielberg | Trish Stratus | Whoopi Goldberg | Dolly Parton | Jake Gyllenhaal | Pete Docter | Laura Dern | Brad Pitt
Alfred Hitchcock | Antoine De Saint-Exupéry | Rue McClanahan | O.C. Marsh | Walt Disney | Rosa Parks | Betty White | Marilyn Monroe | Mary Magdalene | Elvis