Hi. I’m Bobby.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. You will encounter an array of topics ranging from entertainment – movies, television, music, books and art – to my social/political views (I’m proudly liberal) and commentary on conservation of wildlife and the environment.
I love movies, elephants (and giraffes), dinosaurs and many other things. I love to learn, and use the knowledge I’ve gained as an aspiring artist. I have many ideas and hope you’ll follow me along my journey.
Recently, I completed the first draft of my first novel titled Boug & S’More: A Swamp Tale (read a synopsis here), in addition to the fourth draft of my first children’s book titled The Story of Piph. With any luck, I’ll find success in the literary world that parlays into a cinematic endeavor for the ages.
I can’t wait to share these worlds – stories – and characters with you.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Education: Lindenwood University (Masters of Arts – Communications)
Webster University (Bachelor of Arts – Film Studies)
St. Louis Community College (Associate of Arts – Theatre Arts)
Hobbies: Writing, Movies/Television, Hiking, Travelling, Acting
10 Fun Facts:
- I presently foster two elephant orphans through the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Their names are Rorogoi and Ndotto. In 2016, I added giraffe orphan Kiko.
- My first celebrity crush was Laura Dern as “Dr. Ellie Sattler” in Jurassic Park. Dr. Sattler drove my attraction to strong feminist women/characters.
- The first political campaign I actively supported (volunteerism, fundraising and donation) was Hillary Clinton‘s (2016 Presidential campaign).
- Jake Gyllenhaal is my favorite actor.
- My first acting role was as the “Cowardly Lion” in a production of The Wizard of Oz.
- I’m an avid fan of World Wrestling Entertainment. My all-time favorite wrestler/icon is Trish Stratus.
- My favorite dinosaur is the Brontosaurus.
- I received a Creative Writing Award in 2005.
- I was taught to cook when I was five, and I’ve been baking since age eight!
- My favorite visited destination (presently) is New Orleans, Louisiana (the setting for my first novel).
(in random order)
Can you name them from the stills (answers below)?
Films represented: Jurassic Park, Brokeback Mountain, The Land Before Time, Dumbo, The Color Purple, Psyhco, The Lion King, Fantasia, The Good Dinosaur, The Wizard of Oz.
“If you could have dinner with ten public figures past or present…”
Jane Goodall | Hillary Clinton | Steven Spielberg | Trish Stratus | Whoopi Goldberg
Betty White | Dolly Parton | Jake Gyllenhaal | Pete Docter | Laura Dern
Alfred Hitchcock | Antoine De Saint-Exupéry | Rue McClanahan | O.C. Marsh
Walt Disney | Rosa Parks | Sigmund Freud | Marilyn Monroe | Mary Magdalene | Elvis