Welcome to July’s final Radio Bobby. This week’s new music releases are a little “Thicke,” if you know what I mean. Without any further ado, here are my Top 5 new music releases:
1. “Put Your Lovin On Me” by Robin Thicke (pop) – After listening to Thicke’s album Blurred Lines, it became clear to me that if anything should follow-up his popular lead single, it should be “Put Your Lovin On Me.” A catchy pop tune, Thicke blends spoken lyrics and soft runs with dubstep, pop/dance instrumentals. As for the rest of the album, it may grow on me, but my initial reaction is a B-. This song though? One of the standouts – and one of my favorite Thicke tracks!
2. “Hurricane” by Parachute (pop) – Before this week, I’d never heard of Parachute (or if I had, I’d forgotten them), but there’s no denying how good this song (and vocal) is. It’s a tender and catchy pop song, that should see the group experience success better than Owl City a few years back.
3. David Garrett – Music album (instrumental, pop) – I can’t decide which song I liked most from violinist David Garrett – so I’ll let you go experience his new album “Music” and decide for yourself. I’m partial to “Viva la Vida,” “Cry Me a River,” “We Will Rock You,” “Music,” “Ode to Joy,” and the pop treatment of Evanescence’s “Bring Me To Life” f. Syd Duran. Go, check this out.
4. “Till I Fall Asleep” by Jayme Dee (pop)
5. “Turn the Night Up” by Enrique Iglesias (pop) – Enrique’s sexy, cool new single – “I wanna get nasty…gimme some o’ that.” That’s all.
This week’s music video selection? DAVID GARRETT’S “Viva la Vida” – it’s bright, it’s colorful, it’s definitely artistic and I love it! Enjoy!